With Sausage September in full swing we thought we'd give you a sausage related recipe with this light, summery stew. This tomato, merguez sausage and cannellini stew is great if you fancy a healthy, hearty dinner with a touch of spice and explosive flavours.
1 garlic clove
Splash of olive oil
200ml chicken stock
2 x 400g cannellini beans
Handful of fresh parsley
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pan on a high heat. Chop the sausages and fry/grill until brown then transfer to a plate. Lower the heat of the pan to medium.
2. Slice the onion and add to the pan, fry for 5 minutes. Crush the garlic clove and put into the pan after a couple of minutes.
3. Cut the tomatoes into quarters, then add to the pan with the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper and let simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Drain the cannellini beans, then add to the pan with the sausages. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce is thickened.
5. Chop the parlsey then stir into the stew. Sprinkle with ground black pepper and serve with crusty bread.