Try this twist on the traditional Sunday roast chicken by adding the aromatic flavours of Thailand to your weekend, fully transforming the meal.
1 Woods Butchers Whole Chicken (1.5kg)
1 bunch of fresh coriander
1 clove of garlic
2 red chillies
3cm fresh ginger
3 tablespoons olive oil
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven 180c / gas mark 5.
2. Peel and chop the ginger and garlic. Juice the lime into a bowl. Chop the chilli and coriander.
3. Mix all into a blender, adding half the lime juice, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and salt. Mix until it has become paste like.
4. Place the chicken into a roasting tin and spread the newly made paste all over the chicken. Pour the remaining oil and lime juice onto the chicken and place into the oven.
5. Cook for 90 minutes.
6. Remove chicken from the oven and carve for serving. Enjoy with your traditional veg and gravy as the Asian flavours will complement the rest of the roast well.