Getting smashed this Christmas doesn't have to refer to what you think it would... this Smashed Potato recipe with Bacon is a great, alternative #ChristmasSideDish recipe.
3 cloves garlic, minced
Salt & pepper
1/4 c. melted butter
1 lb. baby potatoes
2 c. shredded Cheddar
Sour cream, for serving
12 slices of bacon
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Put your potatoes in a large bowl and cover with two inches of water, seasoning with salt.
2. Bring to the boil until the potatoes are cooked. Drain.
3. Place your potatoes onto a baking sheet. Pour melted butter over the top, garlic and season with salt and pepper. Mix together until combined.
4. Smash the potatoes with whatever you want until they are like flat patties.
5. Bake until crispy (20 - 25 minutes).
6. Top with cheddar and bake for a further 3 minutes.
7. Top with bacon (cook your bacon beforehand however you like) and sour cream then serve.