This week, we thought we'd give you guys a recipe for a side dish that goes amazingly with our BBQ Pork Ribs. These Rum Baked Beans really compliment the ribs and are great on a nice sunny day.
6 bacon slices
1 chopped sweet onion
2 garlic cloves
1/4 apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup gold rum
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 can of black beans (drained & rinsed)
1 can light red kidney beans (drained & rinsed)
1 can dark red kidney beans (drained & rinsed)
1 can navy beans (drained & rinsed)
1 can baked beans
1. Preheat your oven to 170C (gas mark 3).
2. Cook bacon in a pan until crisp, then remove.
3. Add onion, and cook for about 5 minutes, then add garlic, and cook for 1 minute.
4. Stir your bacon, onion mixture, baked beans and remaining ingredients into a large bowl.
5. Spoon into a lightly greased baking dish.
6. Bake, covered with tin foil for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for a further 30 minutes.
7. Enjoy with Woods Butchers BBQ Pork Ribs and some salad.