Our Turkey Suppliers, Bramble Farm, have been supplying Turkey's for over 50 years now so it is safe to say they know what they're doing when it comes to preparing the perfect Turkey for Christmas. This recipe has been made available on their website (https://www.bramblefarm.co.uk/whole-bird-recipe) so we thought we'd share it with you all.
Bramble Farm Turkey's cook 30% quicker than most as they are reared longer and have more intramuscular fat.
Approx cooking times: 4 kg: 1 ½ -1 ¾ hrs, 5 kg: 2 hrs, 6 kg: 2 ¼ hrs, 7 kg: 2 ¾ hrs, 9 kg: 3 hrs.
1. Take your turkey out of the fridge in the morning or 2hrs before cooking
2. Pre-heat oven to: 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4, Fan 180ºC
3. Remove the giblet bag from cavity
4. We add a little oil to the tray, put the whole bird breast side down & season
5. 1/2 way through, we turn the bird over
6. We baste it with the oil part of the juices in the tray
7. From half way, we regularly check the temperature in the thickest parts with a meat thermometer.
8. We add our parboiled potatoes to roast 15 to 30 mins before taking the meat out
9. As soon as the thickest part gets to 65 °C (not a moment longer) we take it out.
10. We leave the turkey uncovered at room temperature for 30 mins before carving. It will continue to cook. (Hard to believe, so leave the thermometer in and watch it rise!).
11. Meanwhile, make the gravy & let the potatoes and veg continue to cook.
To order Whole Turkey's please come in store or call us on 01252377443.
Alternatively you can order your Turkey Crowns from our website here - https://www.woodsbutchers.com/product-page/boned-and-rolled-turkey-crown-uk